Lily Alone- Jacqueline Wilson


.

Lily wants to be alone but you know what they say, be careful what you wish for. Her mother meets a new man named Gordon and decides to leave Lily in charge of her younger siblings, Baxter, Bliss and Pixie while she goes away on holiday with him. Now Lily has to manage alone with the kids for a whole week without mum, with no money and little supplies, plus she has to keep the secret about mum and make sure no-one finds out what's really going on.


Book trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sHOVSxu0jo
Author talks about book- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjmZAY1kEZw&feature=related

4.5/5 stars!
I loved this book even though it is for younger YA readers and was a little immature for me, I thought it was great and a really good bit. I thought that the storyline was good but there wasnt much plot but to be honest it was just really cute to read and the Lily and her little siblings were so cute together. I read it to my little sister at night time and it took about 3 days of reading at night and we both really enjoyed it! I definitely recommend it but would say maybe if you are 10-12 you would really enjoy it and if you're older like me you might find it a little childish. Sorry for the bad review, I am really tired and not in the mood :(
Anyway excellent book and worth a read!

Your Reply