Bleeding Violet- Dia Reeves


.

Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves is all about a girl named Hanna. Her father passed away a year ago and she has mental problems. Her head is plagued with hallucinations and voices of her father. She lives with her aunt but decides to go and find her mother. But when she arrives in the crazy town of Portero she finds that not only does her mother want nothing to do with her, but the town is not what it seems. She wears all purple and makes a bet with her mother that if she can fit in and make friends in two weeks she can stay. Along the way she meets a boy (of course!) and has a crazy adventure


This book was great! It took me a while to read it but I didn't want to read it too fast because I wanted to continue it slowly and enjoy it before finishing it. I thought it was very well written and really descriptive without being overpowering. I love the characters and the main plot which was a love story. It wasn't a traditional straight forward love story which is what made it stand out and made it even more enjoyable to read. The strangeness of both Hanna and Portero made the story really interesting however sometimes it became a little strange and there was a lot of blood, gore and sex which might put people off who aren't used to and/or don't like a lot of those things.
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes young adult fiction and mysterious/paranormal reads. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone under 14 though because of the sexual elements and psychotic themes. I found Hanna nearly influencing me to become a psycho but that might be because of my real life mental illnesses. (Depression and psychosis)
Overall a really good read and a really good book and I would highly recommend it as I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Though confusing in parts (which is the only thing not giving it a 5/5) it is still one of my favourite books of probably all time and I will definitely be happy to re-read it again.
4.5/5 stars.

Your Reply