Divergent- Veronica Roth


.


Description from goodreads!
Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.


Ok, So this book was SUPER hyped up and I was very dubious (is that even how it's spelt?!?) about reading it! Also the cover was a turn off for me and stopped me from buying it, not to mention the length of the book. I'm a girl who reads 300 page books MAX and this book had a whopping 487? (I think that's the amount lol) pages! INSANE!
It did not dissapoint me though. The hype was right, which I rarely say, and this book was FANTASTIC!
I love the main character Beatrice/Tris and thought she was so relatable and I almost always agreed with her point of view and related to her. Another character I just FELL IN LOVE WITH was Four! He just seemed so handsome and dark and sexy and as the book went on I was not disappointed with him, in fact I loved him even more than the previous chapter until by the end of the book I wanted to run away with him, get married in vegas and give birth to his children! Yes I know!
I loved the idea of "factions" and it seemed really realistic in a weird way. I can actually imagine that happening in like 100/200 years time. I had never reaad a dystopian of sorts and I was soo impressed.
This book is just toooo good for words and I give it 1 million stars! It's my new favourite book EVER!
See my review by going to my youtube page. HalfBloodPRincessVW :)
5/5 :D

Your Reply